Tuesday 1 November 2011

Sixth 'Explore Creativity' lesson- Jacket experimentation

This week's activity was based on the shape of a jacket and how this could work on in different shapes on a stand.
Collage with pictures of the original jacket

Starting from a usual man's tailored jackets, the finishings had to be unpicked and the the jacket was separated in two parts,the lining and the cover.
the jacket int he process of unpicking
picture from my sketchbook showing more parts of  the jacket

The experimentation started with the lining piece which i started creating waves and curvy shapes with.
lining

neck

front

picture from my sketchbook

Then i thought to add some decoration on the sculpture so I added the two shoulder waddings and placed them in different places of the stand. Looking at them, they reminded me of poppies and I thought it could be a good shape for future ideas.
chest- wadding

another shape

picture from my sketchbook

poppies
After the first creation, I moved on to a second one, in which I used the outer part of the jacket and decided to work with simple line smockings and create an oblique jacket form. The result was this:
front

side belly details

picture from my sketchbook-fashion illustration
Armani Prive

Another interesting shape I created was the one in which I worked with many angles and it reminds me of a bird or an airplane because it give me the feeling of flying.
front

middle details

chest details

picture from my sketchbook

One more shape I worked with was connected to flowers again, this time roses, because the part of the chest was two sleeves that were rolling around reminding of big roses. This shape was connected to another, challenging one, which was but on the stand while being held by only two pins.


front

left side

a closer look

second shape

reminding me of roses-detail

picture from my sketchbook







No comments:

Post a Comment