Sunday 23 October 2011

Fifth 'Explore Creativity' lesson- Chair sculptures on the stand




Picture from my sketchbook( both sculptures together)


This week's season was very creative because we had to shape garments or parts of them out of last week's activity which was working with chairs.My team and I, began removing the hard fabric pieces out of the chairs and we started experimenting on a mannequin with the first one (tall single chair).We were moving the fabrics on the body in such a way that would show how this experiment could work as a top or a shoulder trim or a dress or something that we have not decided already! Here are some pictures of our try:
front

left side 

back


shoulders details



more details

another shape

I found this picture relevant to my work and it shows a future architecture project building 



page from my sketchbook

page from my sketchbook

Then we started working with the second shape made out of jersey fabric which we decided not to cut in many pieces because we liked the angles that were shaped and we thought it looks very minimal this way.We placed it on the stand and it could work as a dress or a decoration for the back.
front

right side
back


one more picture i found relevant to my work, it shows another futuristic architectural project
                                                                                                                                                                                  In the end of the session we thought it is a good idea to combine these two pieces and see what comes out of it and how they could be stuck together and create a third, new shape. The fact that we wanted to make it  look more interesting led us to the decision to place the sculptures on a real human body so we used Stellina as a model.
left side

back

I have to admit it is scaring but cool

how the first shape could work as a handbag

page from my sketchbook



No comments:

Post a Comment