Friday 30 September 2011

Second ' Explore Creativity' lesson'- Paper Sculptures based on Mathematical Spreads


This lesson was meant to teach the students of this class how 2D geometrical shapes on a paper can actually transform to 3D sculptures! In the first task the students were asked to start with a certain geometrical shape, which in my case was a square. After that I had to develop other shapes on and around the basic one by setting some rules which would guide me through.
6th design - decorated afterwords( in my sketchbook)

collage of first designs with extra development( in my sketchbook)

First Designs


The next step was to point some parts of those shapes that were created and draw some lines which would later be cut and stuck back together. This process will create 3D sculptures while the decision about the part that the parts should be back together, was up on me.
page from my sketchbook


6th design 
3D sculpture of 6th design
5 final sculptures

Picture Related to the project ( not by me)

This lesson was highly inspiring and helped me understand the process of pattern design and cutting furthermore. Except that, it gave me some ideas for clothes related to these shapes and style and you can see a personal work from my sketchbook , at the pictures under :
left- the first idea
right- working on the 3D shape of it
final result
Page from my sketchbook
Picture related to my work- taken by me - London Fashion Weekend 2011 ( Bryce Aime )

Picture related to my work- taken by me - London Fashion Weekend 2011 ( Bryce Aime )
Picture related to the lesson ( not by me )

No comments:

Post a Comment